John G. (Jay) Vannoy Jr.
- Managing Partner
- Criminal Defense
- Traffic Violations
- Civil Litigation
Jay was born and raised in Wilkes County. After completing his education, he returned to Wilkes County to go into practice with his Dad and other partners. Throughout his years of practice, he has been involved in many different types of criminal and civil cases. He enjoys being in the courtroom and trying cases. He has tried over 100 cases to jury verdict in his career so far.
While he still enjoys litigating all types of cases, the primary focus of his practice is now criminal defense. He is a Board Certified Specialist in State Criminal Law. He is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the North Carolina Advocates for Justice. Jay Vannoy has been selected by his peers as one of the super lawyers for criminal defense for the past 16 years. He has also lectured on criminal defense topics and taught trial skills at Continuing Legal Education seminars sponsored by the UNC School of Government, NC Indigent Defense Services and the NC Bar Association.
He served on the Board of Wilkes Community College Foundation for many years. He is currently the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Wilkes Community College.
Jay and his wife Beth live in Wilkesboro and have two sons. When he is not at work, Jay likes spending time with Beth and the boys, especially watching their boys compete in sports. He enjoys all kinds of sports and outdoor activities including golf and hunting.
- Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Buies Creek, North Carolina
- J.D. - 1992
- Guilford College, Greensboro, North Carolina
- B.S. - 1989
- Major: Justice and Policy
- North Carolina, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Order of Old Kivett
- North Carolina Super Lawyers - Criminal Defense
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Twenty-Third Judicial District Bar, Member
- Wilkes County Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified Specialist in State Criminal Law, North Carolina State Board of Legal Specialization